Effective May 25, 2018
information about you is collected, used and disclosed by Quizwow.com
when you use the Quizwow websites and any other Quizwow website, mobile
application and other products and services. (collectively, the
from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date
at the top of the policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional
notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email
access the Services to stay informed about our information practices and the
ways you can help protect your privacy.
August 8, 2018.
You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide
directly to us. For example, when you create an account, we collect your
username and email address. We may also collect information if you choose to
provide it in other ways, such as when you create or update your profile,
submit or comment on a quiz, participate in any community features of the
Services, participate in a contest or promotion, invite friends, post a
bulletin, join a league, apply to be a host, fill out a form, send a message,
request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of
information we may collect include your name, photo, contact information (such
as email address, address and phone number), gender, credit card or other
payment information, school, and other information you choose to provide. If
you choose to create a bio for your profile, we collect whatever information
you include in that bio. If you win prizes through one of our offline events,
we will collect the information contained in any required forms that you
complete and send to us.
We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services,
we automatically collect information about you, including:
We Collect from Other Sources
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our websites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our website.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device if you consent to the collection of this information through your device. For more details, please see "Your Choices" below.
We may also obtain information from
other sources and combine that with information we collect through our
Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social
media service such as Facebook, or Twitter, or Google+, we may have access to
certain information from that service, such as your name, account information
and friends lists, in accordance with your privacy settings for that service.
We use the information we collect
about you to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, notifications, and invoices,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Quizwow and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Quizwow and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your interests and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We and our service providers may
transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, other
countries where the laws may not provide levels of protection for your personal
information equivalent to the protection provided by the laws of your home
We will not share your information
except in the following circumstances or as otherwise specified in this Policy:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Quizwow or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
Your profile information and any
information you post in any public area of the Services or submit for
publication will be publicly available. This includes, for example, information
contained in any quizzes or comments you post. Information about your
achievements may also be publicly shared, such as through our Leaderboard page.
We may also share aggregated or
anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
The Services may offer social
sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook
"Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Services
with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing
of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you
establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more
information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in
connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies and
your privacy settings of the entities that provide these features.
and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may allow others to serve advertisements
on our behalf across the Internet and to provide analytics services. These
information about your use of the Services and other websites, including your
IP address, web browser, pages viewed, time spent on pages, links clicked and
conversion information. This information may be used by Quizwow and others to,
among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain
content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests on our
Services and other web services and better understand your online activity.For example, Google and its partners
on the Internet. You may opt out of the use of this cookie by visiting Google
Advertising Technologies and Principles page at https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads.Another example is the use of Google
Analytics to help us understand the use of our Services, such as what pages are
being accessed. We also use a specific part of Google Analytics called
Demographics and Interest Reporting to better understand our users. Should you
wish to opt-out of this please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.For more information about
Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used
for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.aspand www.aboutads.info/choices. If you are located in
the European Economic Area (EEA), visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
Quizwow takes reasonable measures to
help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized
access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We store the information we collect
about you for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we originally
collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business
purposes or as required by law.
of the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the
European Economic Area ("EEA"), you have certain rights and protections
under the law regarding the processing of your personal data, as described in
Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data,
we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the Quizwow services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We have your consent to process your personal data.
- We are required by law to process our personal data.
If you are a resident of the EEA,
you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that
your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the
right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. To
exercise these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
If you are a resident of the EEA and
have a concern about our processing of personal data please contact us as
indicated below. If we are not able to address your concerns, you have the
right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside.
For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
You may update, correct or delete
information about you at any time by emailing us at: email@example.com.
Certain information may also be updated through your online account. If you
wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org,
but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for
legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of
information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first launch any of our
mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to
consent to the application's collection of this information. If you initially
consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop
the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on
your mobile device.
Most web browsers are set to accept
cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser
to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove
or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our
You may opt out or indicate your
preferences for receiving certain notifications and communications from Quizwow
by emailing us at: email@example.com. You may also opt out of
receiving promotional or certain other emails from Quizwow by following the
instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you certain
non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing
and Promotional Communications
With your consent, we may send
promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile
device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the
notification settings on your mobile device.
If you have any questions about this